Pink Sheet is part of Pharma Intelligence UK Limited

This site is operated by Pharma Intelligence UK Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 13787459 whose registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. The Pharma Intelligence group is owned by Caerus Topco S.à r.l. and all copyright resides with the group.

This copy is for your personal, non-commercial use. For high-quality copies or electronic reprints for distribution to colleagues or customers, please call +44 (0) 20 3377 3183

Printed By

UsernamePublicRestriction

Makena Follows Avastin’s Path With US FDA Hearing On Accelerated Approval Withdrawal

Executive Summary

Chief scientist Denise Hinton will decide the fate of Covis’ preterm birth prevention drug because acting commissioner Janet Woodcock has recused herself; CBER deputy director Celia Witten is tapped to serve as presiding officer at the hearing, which will be only the second of its kind under accelerated approval regulations.

You may also be interested in...



FDA’s Pepaxto Decider: Peter Marks To Handle Oncopeptides’ Appeal Of Accelerated Approval Withdrawal

CBER director will decide whether the multiple myeloma drug should be withdrawn under new expedited withdrawal procedures; it's the third time FDA leaders have asked senior officials in the biologics center to help decide the fate of a CDER-regulated accelerated approval drug.

Accelerated Approval: US FDA, Covis Navigate Novel Issues With Makena’s Withdrawal

Ahead of the final withdrawal decision, FDA terminated internal separation of functions so that the Office of the Commissioner and CDER could coordinate next steps; Makena’s NDA approval has been withdrawn, but the product’s website lives on, albeit with a pop-up window explaining the regulatory action.

The Makena Deciders: FDA Commissioner Califf, Chief Scientist Bumpus To Jointly Make Final Call On Drug’s Fate

The two senior agency officials will render the decision together as co-signatories on whether Makena loses its accelerated approval or is allowed to stay on the market; that decision will not come before mid-January, and is likely to be weeks or months later, based on a timeline set out by hearing officer Celia Witten.

Related Content

Topics

Related Companies

Latest Headlines
See All
UsernamePublicRestriction

Register

PS144831

Ask The Analyst

Ask the Analyst is free for subscribers.  Submit your question and one of our analysts will be in touch.

Your question has been successfully sent to the email address below and we will get back as soon as possible. my@email.address.

All fields are required.

Please make sure all fields are completed.

Please make sure you have filled out all fields

Please make sure you have filled out all fields

Please enter a valid e-mail address

Please enter a valid Phone Number

Ask your question to our analysts

Cancel